- JW to send slide deck with competitive info (RFD devices)- Done see attachment below
- Integrator (with Maximo) for casino (hospitality, JW to check
- TC51/56 could use adaptor for TC55- Invite Eric M to SEVT and talk about it.
- JW to send info on new fixer reading rebranding issues
- JW to send new RFID logo
- RFID enabled drones- bring topic to SEVT
(slides attached below & GTX-STS webinar on this is here: https://zebra.box.com/s/2r1eq1okobkanxx45l00orgpz6lbkh1d)
- RFD5500- RFID Sled
- Support WinMobile devices
- RFD8500i (Gen Xi)
- CPR for 8500, intended for a customer that is not using it, should be available now.
- Most RFID portfolio is WinMobile (except 8500)
- Focused for the TC55, new adaptor that allows easier inserting/removal of TC55.
- New adaptor to charge both devices (cradle) to charge 8500 and TC55 together, one piece charging solution.
- Connection between 8500 and TC55 is via BT.
- NFC pairing available as well.
- Internal slide deck with competitive information available - Internal use only (JW to send to Larry D)- Action
- CPR for FX7500, has application for every one using fix readers.
- Enable 7500 to take/select 3 different frequency bands to avoid interference with other equipment
- CPR Beta just released to customer 2 weeks ago, work perfectly.
- Will go thru approvals, expect to see firmware upgrade soon.
- Also applies to the 9500
- RFID handheld reader has triggered GFI outlets (reported to BU in the past). Could be big issue in facilities like HC. Heard of issue in US, not in EU, not in India.
- Many partners/customers are integrating solutions with the RFD8500/TC55, including Maximo (Walt Disney). Printers are also using Maximo (asset ID).
- Every Handheld or fixed reader need a middleware (application).
- Looking for an integrator for a Casino in Philippines, with Maximo (Arnold). JW to check with BU and make a recommendation- Action
- Support TC51/56 and RFD8500- TBD, not in supported devices yet.
- Could TC51/56 fit into the adaptor for TC55? JW check with product manager. Eric Malmed talk about 8500 and TC51/56- invite to SEVT Action
- Silverline- custom printer to print thicker labels. In market for 6 months
- Blade - new tag, 1mm thick (total of 4 Micro, Slim, Classic, Blade). One version globally.
- You can find in Zebra.com (search for Silverline)
- No plans yet for tamper proof labels- send use case to M. F.
- GTM is thru the "CAG" group. 45 resellers.
RFID media direction?
- No clear direction, Zebra is making steps to re-enter the RFID media business.
- Business case in-progress to get RFID conversion press (equipment).
- Current market size is larger than 2009 (when Zebra left the business).
- Actively quoting RFID media business, thru manufacturers.
- Focus on Manufacturing, Retail business.
Mobile RFID printing applications? Does anyone hear about it? Coca Cola, Movilizer- buying Zebra for DSD, could offer mobile RFID printing to them. Zebra has prototypes working to show.
JW: Fix reader sw, new version Zebra branded available. Issues reported where customers cannot discover reader with new version. If issues, use previous version until fix is available. Write up to Larry - Action
JW: Zip folder with RFID logo to use in new products/presentations. Will send to Larry- Action
What is the situation regarding LS (location services) on the business? Integration with RFID?
- LS is its own separate entity
- Also supporting our BLE solution
- Most of DCS-RFID UHF deployments are thru our partners
- Also have partners using RFID enabled drones. discuss in future SEVT- Action