Zebra TC55 - How to read barcode as a whole and not character by character ?

S Severin Bachelart 2 years 11 months ago
1 4 0

Hi everyone,
I've developped an app that will be running on a Zebra TC-55 and I'd like the datawedge to do the following:
when scanning a barcode, instead of writing down each character of the code one by one, I'd like the datawedge to input the whole chain of characters at once.
Like if it had been copy/pasted ; the whole block of characters would be put in when the code has been scanned entirely.
Is this possible? I've looked around in the datawedge configuration but I couldn't find what I was looking for.
Thanks a lot for your help !
Have a great day
Séverin

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

S Severin Bachelart

Hi again,
Thank you again for your quick response. We ended up adding a Return input after the code and changing our code so that it detects the input.
Thank you, this thread can be locked :)

D Darryn Campbell

Hi, that is not possible with the keystroke output plugin I am afraid.  If the Intent output plugin is not an option for you then you could either detect the end of the scanned input by detecting the time between keystrokes (e.g. if no key received after 100ms then the scan is complete) or you could use Basic Data Formatting to append a character to the end of the barcode that you could check for.

S Severin Bachelart

Hi Darryn,
Thanks a lot for answering my question. However, I'm not sure I explained it clearly enough.
I'm not looking to send the data to the clipboard.
At the moment, the scanner sends every number one by one.
What I would need instead is : the datawedge waits until the code is fully scanned to send it to my app.
Do you know of any way to do this ?
Thanks again for your help.
Regards,
Séverin

D Darryn Campbell

Sorry but it is not possible to have DataWedge write its data to the clipboard.  It is a request I have seen a few times but right now we have no plans to implent it unfortunately. 
That is with the keyboard output plugin but if you are using Intent output then the entire barcode will be received by your app in the same Intent so perhaps that would be a better option for you, if feasible.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?