Is CSS 3.0 Supported?

It doesn't appear that certain features of css3 are supported. For example, I tried adding a css3 gradient to a background and it did not work. Can you confirm this?

James Morley-Smith
Hi Joshua,There are one or

Hi Joshua,

There are one or two CSS3 features that are currently not supported.  Gradients didn't make the cut but we hope to have them added in a future release.  Drop-shadow was another that didn't make it I'm afraid.

James.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Gradients is one example of

Gradients is one example of where the CSS3 standards haven't solidified yet. There have been two approaches to gradients in CSS3:

• The complex "gradient" suggested in 2008
  • And the simpler "linear-gradient", "radial-gradient" and more, suggested in 2011

as these standards become more accepted, they will be integrated into RhoElements.I have actually had some* success with drop shadows (a.k.a. "box-shadow"s) and other CSS3 features including:

• border-radius
  • border-image
  • background-size
  • opacity
  • transition
  • transform

*box-shadow is only partly supported at the moment. I am using them for internal shadows and they are working well. Much of the external shadowing isn't working at the moment.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
For a rough guide you can

For a rough guide you can refer to http://www.caniuse.com/ and use Safari 5.1 as a guide, at least for the current release (1.0.0.10)

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Joshua McGinnis
Thanks everyone. I setup some

Thanks everyone. I setup some basic css 3 tests and also found some partially supported features as well - things like text-shadow, which has a vertical offset that must be set opposite of what it should be (so -2px instead of 2px).

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’