Flash Support?

Previous versions of Pocket browser supported Flash.  I have flash installed on my winMo 6.5 device, and it displays correctly in Pocket IE, but it does not in Rho.

Do I have to add a DLL to the Plugins.xml inorder for this to work?  This same application worked fine in Symbol Pocket Browser.

Thanks!

James Morley-Smith
Was this an ActiveX plugin

Was this an ActiveX plugin for PocketIE?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Todd Schroedel
I can send you the install

I can send you the install cab.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
That would be useful, thank

That would be useful, thank you.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell

Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 12:47 PM

To: Todd Schroedel

Subject: - Re: Flash Support?

Motorola Solutions Launchpad<https://motorola-dev.hosted.jivesoftware.com/index.jspa>

Re: Flash Support?

created by James Morley-Smith<https://motorola-dev.hosted.jivesoftware.com/people/jnp837> in GENERAL - View the full discussion<https://motorola-dev.hosted.jivesoftware.com/message/1489#1489

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi,There are no plans at all

Hi,

There are no plans at all to support Flash in RhoElements, like other companies we have taken this decision as better alternatives exist in HTML5.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sebastian Eitel...
this could be also
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Todd Schroedel
Two things.....I have a

Two things.....

I have a current Flash app that I have been running in the Symbol Pocket Browser that communicates from Flash to the MicroPrint driver, via javascript.  Moto advertises that RhoElements is completely backward compatible with the Pocket Browser.....the genesis for this question.

Second, I posted this request, prior to the announcement that Adobe is no longer going to develop a flash engine for mobile browsers.   THIS DOES NOT MEAN Flash is dead!  The number one game WORLD WIDE on both IOS and Android was developed in ...drum roll please....Flash.  Angry Birds was developed in Flash and run through a converter for IOS and Java.  Can Browsers in the future run Flash on Mobile Devices.....drum roll please....yes they can.   By implementing the Adobe AIR component in your native app, you can display flash content and run flash applications.  

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
Todd, there is NO reason to

Todd, there is NO reason to be angry. I know that this was not the exact answer to your question,

but I found it useful to share this information with you - as you are a Mobile Flash developer.

No more, no less.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
What would be the logical

What would be the logical perception of your post, if you were a "Mobile Flash developer?"

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’