Android Build Requires License?

Fixed the last problem with builds on Android v2.2, not I see the app start with the loading page and then immediately crashes.

Could this have something to do with it?

********* WARNING ************************************************************************

License is required to run RhoElements application.

Please, provide  "motorola_license" and "motorola_license_company" parameters in build.yml.

For more information go to http://www.motorolasolutions.com/rhoelements

**************************************************************************************

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

When did licenses become necessary? 

Is there a trial license? We'd like to see a successful IOS + Android build before burning money on a framework license.   Too many of these cross-platform mobile dev tools crash  & burn when pushed hard enough to do the production-level apps our clients demand.

How do we get one? The link provided does not appear to have any form of "purchase a license" option other than a generic "contact a Motorola partner" sidebar widget.   Something tells me no partners are online at this hour and I'd venture a guess most don't even know what a rhoelements license is.

Darryn Campbell
Fixed this as well.  Needed a

Fixed this as well.  Needed a complete rebuild after unchecking the GPS option on the build.  Odd part is after checking it off again & rebuilding the crash went away.

As for the license, the default Motorola Mobile Suite install sets the app type to "rhoelement" in build.yml.   Take that line out to get a vanilla non-rhoelement app and the license nags go away.  Since we're not using any of the "requires a rhoelements license" features (http://edgedocs.rhomobile.com/rhoelements/licensing) I figure we'll be OK for this test app.

Still curious who knows about licenses, how to get them, and how much they cost.   We will have that need with some client apps sooner-or-later.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robert Galvin
Remove app_type = rhoelements

Remove app_type = rhoelements in the build.yml. licenses are only needed for RhoElements application types. This app type is the default and you probably did not notice the new checkbox in the app generator. If you don't specify tge app type it will be just like a standard rhodes app like it used to be

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
Thanks Rob.  Found it already

Thanks Rob.  Found it already "the hard way" (google + deductive reasoning).    Thanks for the quick responses though.

Now on to the bigger issues.  Like wiring up the remote app polling talking to a non-Ruby server spitting back JSONP data.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
I've not ventured into

I've not ventured into Rhomobile Suite or RhoElements yet, but, if app_type is not specified, will I still get the license nags after a build?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Mark, you may well do, the

Hi Mark, you may well do, the need for a license is feature based, see http://docs.rhomobile.com/rhoelements/licensing#features-requiring-a-license

Regards,

Darryn.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
Sorry,I should've added that

Sorry,I should've added that I don't use any paid features, but the nags do appear at least on Rhohub builds. Looks like I need another machine with Rhomobile Suite installed to test for local builds without these features :)

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’