"Easy Bluetooth Pairing" for printers?

// Expert user has replied.
J JON PREEDY 2 years 11 months ago
4 4 0

Hi team... We're up against our good friends Intermec in an account, where the customer is a big fan of the Intermec easy bluetooth pairing capability: scan-to-pair for their printers. I understand this is on the roadmap for a future EMDK, but we need to be able to fight this today: has anyone achieved anything similar on the MC75? TIA! -JP

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

H Hayden Eastman

Hello, Here is a little program I wrote as a proof of concept only for a customer.  It has a simple UI that allows the user to scan a bdaddr and hit a button that pairs the handheld with that bdaddr.  The app supports only one device at a time, and once you pair with a new device, all previous pairings are deleted. Hayden Eastman Southeast Area TA

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hello  Jon There is an easy way to do this - There are two API's AddFavorites() and DeleteFavorites() these allow you to add or remove a profile from BT explorer.  The interface is via a file - you pass in the file name to the API's.  The file contains the profile and its easy to specify a serial profile, port, mac address etc.. When there app opens the com port as there is already a profile BT explorer creates the virtual com port etc..  And then just open the virtual com port and print in the normal way. This is the easiest way to do this - There is a SymScript command to do this.  I have had some customers unwilling to touch the SS1 API so we have in the past written a script to add the profile and they pass the MAC address of the printer on the command line.  So all they do in there app is call SymScript with the correct command line. - Not ideal but it works.

D David Meyer

Also, look at the Blueprint sample Jim Fuccello previously posted: https://devcentral.symbol.com/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=61&MessageID=… -Dave

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Was this resolved?  How?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?