MC5574 WAN modem issues

// Expert user has replied.
M Martin Tedman 2 years 11 months ago
1 14 0

Hi Folks, I have a customer doing a trial of a couple of MC5574 on our Rogers GSM network.  They are reporting some instances of the modem shutting down during a call.  One end user who I spoke to indicated that it happend to him this morning while on a call he switched to the handsfree mode (speakerphone) and the modem immediately shutdown. Has anyone else come across this in any trial or testing?  Any pointers would be appreciated as we are head to head with Intermec here. Thanks.....

Please register or login to post a reply

14 Replies

B Bo Du

Please help me understand the sequence of the test. 1. User made the first radio shutdown. 2. User made a phone call 19053614484 and ended. 3. Some data session started. 4. Radio shutdown happened for 2nd time. Please verify that is correct. Thanks.

M Martin Tedman

After the first shutdown and it was reactivated the data session was activated.  The data session went into suspend state while the call was going on once the call ended the data session I believe came out of suspend and then the modem shutdown on its own. 

B Bo Du

I modified the RIL driver, sent it to Martin. Need retest on this.

j joseph boriotti

Do anyone know if the MC70 been successfully used on the Roger's Network? Also could you try the same test on an MC70? The MC70 has an older Siemens MC75 WAN modem (compared to MC55) which may work OK on this network. Knowing the result of this experiment will help us in our debugging.

B Bo Du

I see 2 shutdown from the RIL log. I assume the first one is from the user and the 2nd one is when this radio off happened, please confirm. Also before the 2nd shutdown, I see data connection activities, can you confirm no email client running in the background?

M Martin Tedman

There is no email client, there is a field service app they are running with the Netmotion VPN client which is probably the data connection activity you are seeing

M Martin Tedman

I have a Ril log already that should show the issue, I sent it to the TAC under case#1852400.  I can post it here as well if you want to take a look.  I am going to suggest to the customer about symscript as well keeping in mind we are still in competition for this business.

G Gene Niles

ASk the Tier person to contact ECRT to see if this should be an SPR. Also, please try to provide any reprodcution steps and stats on frequency of occurance (e.g. how many times per day, week, etc. as well as number of units affected). Gene

M Martin Tedman

Thanks Gene, I will be following up closely with the end user to make sure we can get a solid reproduction scenerio for ECRT.

R Robert Galvin

Martin - they don' happen to also be using ActiveSync with Exchange server (synching email, etc)?

M Martin Tedman

Thanks for the replies folks... To answer Robs question they aren't doing any email or exchange server.  They will be looking to use IBM lotus notes mobile in the future but it's not currently on the device, the end users are also not using active sync to the PC at all. To answer Svens questions... The build date is 21FEB09 SN: 9014521400655 OEM is BSP 1.27.06 This unit was purchased from stock I believe but will confirm from the AM Thanks....

G Gene Niles

can we put in Symscript or emScript monitoring (As well as enabling the RIL debug) to see what is going on at the time of failure?

S Sven Zaech

Please provide the following information: Build Date and/or S/N of unit (located in battery well) OEM Version number (from Start-Settings-System) Were unit(s) purchased from stock or provided as samples (from New York)?

N Nick Zeleznock

This was an ongoing issue throughout the beta......

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?