Three simple questions about MSP 3.3

J Juan-Antonio Martinez 3 years ago
0 0 0

I have three simple questions raised by a customer I am too silly to answer, so I need help, please. 1) How can "deferred" jobs be deleted? This customer has created an impossible-to-meet condition, so provision policy will never be installed. The job is deferred all the time. Deactivating the rule, deleting the condition and then re-activating it just creates a new job, but does not kill this "now-fossile/zombi" first one. How can we kill jobs? 2) Why WWAN IP address is constantly (but randomly) reported as "Unspecified"? We get the status of a fresh brand new discovered terminal, via WWAN (so its IP address does positively exist). Its IP is shown as Unspecified. Well, let's wait for a while (MSP agent period is set to 15 min, yes, that's what the customer wanted). Still the same. Well, let's force checking. Still the same. Well, what if we reboot it? Still the same. Doing that on some other terminals does work, and right WWAN IP address is properly displayed. This terminal never did, and still does not. Some other ones do not display it too. Ah, by the way, yes, GetAdapters module is installed in all of them. 3) Migrating from SQL Express to licenced SQL 2008. These guys installed MSP with bundled SQL Express, just because it's easy (and there was no-one that knew about MS SQL). Now they have hired someone that knows, and the want to use SQL 2008, so they can take advantage of the Control Licences they once purchased :(  . I suggested to first copy the database from express to 2008 (this fellow should know how), then stop MSP, reinstall MSP on another server, saying to use an existing database (the one copied on 2008), then start. Is this that easy, is this correct, is there another way? Thanks in advance!!

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?