Device is asking about USB driver after each warmboot

V Vedsatx Saddvv 3 years ago
2 0 0

Team, I'm testing an external GLONASS box attached via USB to VC6096 (will be testing the same from MC65 shortly). The box uses FTDI chip and I'm using the FTDI VCP (Virtual COM Port) driver which creates a virtual COM port on VC. The box is connected to VC using USB Y-cable so the data and power goes from different VC USB ports (single port power was not enough). Everything works fine except that if I warmboot VC with the box connected VC alwasys asks for the driver name. If I connect the box after warmboot or simply replug it anytime then the box and driver are recognized automagically. It looks like when booting with the box connected and powered the OS starts seeing the box before registry and/or files for the driver are actually loaded. (the driver name request happens on the WM splash screen so quite early) If I'm right - how can I delay the device recognition process? Or if there is another reason for the described behaviour - what can it be and how to solve this? Thanks, Valery

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?