MAC authentication with WPA/WPA2-TKIP/CCMP with IAS server

A Antony Lee 3 years ago
0 0 0

Does anyone know how to use IAS server to perform MAC authentication over WPA/WPA2 TKIP / CCMP in WiNG 5.x ? I have setup and Windows 2003 Server IAS. I had configured the IAS and created a user based on the MAC address of the PC. In WiNG 5.2, I havee setup the WLAN to use MAC authentication type. I could successfully get the IAS to authenticate my PC if the WLAN encryption is set to either "Open" or "WEP 128". This is verified by the IAS' event log and Wireshark. The IAS event log has an entry on IAS access grant and all the related Radius messages could be captured in the Wireshark However, my client would like to use higher encryption standard such as WPA/WPA2 TKIP or CCMP. When I set the WLAN to use the WPA, either TKIP or CCMP, my PC has granted access to the network BUT there is no IAS event be logged in the IAS server, nor any RADIUS messages be captured in the WireShark. My questions are : 1.    Can IAS MAC authentication be used with WPA / WPA2 TKIP/CCMP ? 2.    If it can be done, how to setup the RFS controllers ? Many thanks Antony

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?