beacon does not activate on installation.

// Expert user has replied.
R Rijjin Valiao 2 years 11 months ago
1 3 0

Im following the documentation on installing MPACT beacons using toolbox.
I have scanned the beacons and appeared grey(inactive) on the floor layout which is expected as per documentation.
following the next step on the docs does not work.

I have 3 beacons and reset them many times but still no luck.

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

M Melvin Fleiser

Hi all,
We have installed the Toolkit and Client app on an iPhone4S which supports bluetooth V4 and can confirm that everything works as it should.
The issue was our old iphone and ipad
(Yes the bluetooth requirements are mentioned in the MPact documentation...we made some incorrect assumptions about our test devices. It doesn't help that Apple makes it difficult to identify device models and specs)

The Bluetooth version 4 iphone was able to see and configure the tags, no problem. Also it's location was correctly displayed on the "Client" app. Once everything has been configured, our BLE Android device now shows up on the MPact map with video-playback, heatmaps etc.

Thanks everyone.

S Stephen Vye

As of last night,  it looks like the iPad and iPhone are not BLE capable. We are hunting down an iPad 5 currently.

S Seth Atkins

Riijin,
By chance did you upgrade the firmware on these or did you simply receive and turn them on? Sometimes with firmware upgrades, I've seen them not enter a beaconing mode afterward.

What you can do to troubleshoot this is to look in Toolbox --> Tag Configure or Toolbox --> Tag Firmware. If the tags show up non-grayed-out (meaning they are selectable) then they are in "configure mode". The tag is supposed to go into this mode when they first boot and will sometimes get stuck in this mode if there is an issue with configuration or firmware. So in the scenario you describe, I would expect to see them selectable in either the firmware upgrade or tag configure view of Toolbox.

Please confirm you can see them and they are selectable before I suggest a next step. Also if you do see them as selectable in Tag Firmware, can you tell me what firmware it reports that is installed on the tag? Lastly if we do need to re-upgrade the tags, do you have access to the current tag firmware through the extranet site?

Seth

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?