XML Printing + Mirror

C Chris Misztur 2 years 11 months ago
21 1 0

I am pushing out labels to my Mirror Server available for XML printing. I am trying to make my ZPL compatible with P4T, QLN420, ZT410s.

As I am doing this I have noticed that all of my formats contain the following ZPL before the actual field definitions:

Most of this ZPL is unrelated to the format but more related to the printer function.

I have some questions regarding ZPL commands?

* Do the above commands only affect the format that they are part of?

* Do commands such as ^MMx, ^MNx, ^MTx affect only the format they are part of or do they persist?

* If ^MMx, ^MNx, ^MTx  persist, do they persist printer reboots or is a ^JUS or some other command required for them to persist reboots?

Now onto XML printing:

Could I remove the above 13 ZPL lines from each of my formats and save as an individual format eg: GENERIC_SETTINGS.ZPL... and then being able to recall this as part of my label formats, like this:
(update: DFE should be XFE)

What are the best practices in situations like this?

thanks
/c

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

C Chris Misztur

We had a discussion internally about this and what we have come up with is this:

* ZPL in format overrides every other setting
* Windows driver has a setting to use printer settings which I assume means not to send extra ZPL (eg. darkness, speed)
* NiceLabel or other label printing software has label specific settings which is sent down with ZPL and probably overrides the Windows driver.

Does that seem correct?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?