Start programming

D Daniele Martignago 2 years 11 months ago
0 1 0

Good morning,
I would like to begin to develop an Android application that allows me to print labels on Zebra printers.
I have access to a printer RW420 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 10.1 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
My questions are: Can I develop Android applications to print with the RW420?
Can I print codes ean 128 programmatically?
Can I connect via bluetooth the RW420 with these tablets?
I tried to connect via bluetooth to my tablets, but after entering the key displays the following message: "Unable to communicate with ...".
I also tried using the apps Print Station and Zebra Utilities, but not allow me to connect to.
Thank you.

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Good Morning,
The answer to all your questions is yes, if you have everything set up right.  First, and I hate to ask, can you verify Bluetooth is turned on on your Galaxy Tab and Note?   Next I would check is if your RW420 printer has a Bluetooth radio.  Not all of them come with it.  Can you reply with the P/N number on the underside of the printer or printing a 2-Key report by holding the feed button for 5 seconds while powering the printer on. The number should start with "R4D-...". These should tell me which radio is on your printer. 
Can you try pairing from the Android Settings?  Then use the Zebra utilities app to find it again and print.  If this doesn't work, there are a few things to try. Please let me know.
Robin

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?