RhoMobile login / Rake Bad Interpreter

// Expert user has replied.
M Michael Sweeney 2 years 11 months ago
0 2 0

I just installed RhoMobile Suite 5.2.2 [first time user to this suite so please forgive any silly questions] ( included git version 1.7.6, included Ruby version 1.9.3 ) Visual Studio 2012, Java Developer Edition supplied from Rhostudio documents)   on a windows 7 64 bit machine.
Also have the Motorola windows mobile/ CE SDK, but have not gotten that far yet,

When I try to login to Rhomobile Suite(the Suite does start correctly), it says unable to login under Preferences RhoMobile, and when I try in git Bash it lists the error of 'sh.exe": /c/RhoMobileSuite5/ruby/bin/rake: C:/workspaces/dev_rhoinstaller)win/rhoinstaller/package/ruby/bin/ruby.exe: bad interpreter: No such file or directory'

This error is listed for any Rake command that I try, ie {rake; rake -T; rake -T --trace}.

In bash I navigated to the folder that contains the Rake install: C:\RhoMobileSuite5\ruby\bin   
with the same results.  ( it was originally RhoMobileSuite5.2.2, however saw in a post that special characters can present issue, so I modified (uninstall/reinstall to just RhoMobileSuite5)

I also tried embedding git into command prompt, Option 2 when installing the included git, no difference.

Verified that the path to rake in the environment variables, is correct, seemed to be.

I am unsure how to proceed, any advice? 

Attached is the rakefile from C:\RhoMobileSuite5\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rhodes-5.2.2

Java Path: both in RhoStudio preferences and actual
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60

Git installation path: C:\Install\Git

Envronment Variable PATH:
C:\Install\Git\cmd;C:\RhoMobileSuite5\redis-2.4.0;C:\RhoMobileSuite5\ruby\bin;C:\RhoMobileSuite5\devkit\bin;C:\RhoMobileSuite5\devkit\mingw\bin;C:\RhoMobileSuite5\make-3.81\bin;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArchestrA\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSCommon;C:\Program Files (x86)\RSA SecurID Token Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Check Point\UIFramework 2.0\Bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\Endpoint Common\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rockwell\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\;C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\;

also when I try from cmd.exe I get

H:\>rake cloud:login --trace
rake aborted!
No Rakefile found (looking for: rakefile, Rakefile, rakefile.rb, Rakefile.rb)
C:/RhoMobileSuite5/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.4.2/lib/rake/applicatio
n.rb:684:in `raw_load_rakefile'
C:/RhoMobileSuite5/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.4.2/lib/rake/applicatio
n.rb:94:in `block in load_rakefile'
n.rb:176:in `standard_exception_handling'
n.rb:93:in `load_rakefile'
n.rb:77:in `block in run'
n.rb:176:in `standard_exception_handling'
n.rb:75:in `run'
C:/RhoMobileSuite5/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.4.2/bin/rake:33:in `'
C:/RhoMobileSuite5/ruby/bin/rake:23:in `load'
C:/RhoMobileSuite5/ruby/bin/rake:23:in `'

H:\>

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

I notice that you seem to be running these commands starting on your H: drive.  Can you try switching to C: first and then running them?  I think I remember there being an issue with this. 

B Bhakta Ranjan Satapathy

Hello Michael,

To perform rake cloud:login --trace.
You need to be at location where rhodes gem is available in your case location is C:\RhoMobileSuite5\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rhodes-5.2.2

From that location give the command rake cloud:login --trace.

Thanks
Bhakta

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?