How to update Enterprise home screen xml, where do I save it?

I'm trying to edit the Enterprise Home screen to remove a few default application on it.  I exported the file and copied it to my PC.  I made my changes and saved it back to the same location it exported to. Seems it doesn't read the modified XML because it is not stored in the internal memory but the SD card. I'm unable to move it to the internal file system because it is read only.  How can I change the file so it reflex my changes. Do I need to root my device to have access to the internal file system?

thanks

Hector Meza
After you modify your xml

After you modify your xml file, copy it back to the device /enterprise/user folder.  This is the folder that that the EHS will read on startup

HM

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Just pay attention that the

Just pay attention that the /enterprise folder is not readable to the normal user on Android v4.4. So you need to navigate directly to /enterprise/usr if you're using the "Browser File" application on the mobile device.

This folder permission setting is due to the Google Compatibility Definition Document for Android v4.4.

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

ANDREU ESPLUGAS...
Hello.I'm install EHS 2.1.4

Hello.

I'm install EHS 2.1.4 in TC55 KK and add app in kiosc. When go to kiosc any aplication see.

I'think that's app not permission to write.

I search xml configuration file, the file not found.

Thanks. Excusme for my english.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Prashanth Kadur
How did you manage to specify

How did you manage to specify an app as the kiosk app in EHS?  Did you do that on the device using EHS Admin mode or did you modify the config file on the PC and then pshed the file down to the device?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

ANDREU ESPLUGAS...
In the TC55 with KK I install

In the TC55 with KK I install the EHS 2.1.4 and when starting no icon is displayed, if I add an App entering as " admim " screen kiosk is empty . From what I understand , the EHS has no permissions to access the carperta / enterprise / usr .
I did the test with a TC75 and EHS me install the default icons appear . If I open the browser to let me go carperta / enterprise / usr and copy the new settings without problems.
The problem is the TC55, has GMS. The TC75 having no-GMS working properly.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kjell Lloyd
There is an SPR open for TC55

There is an SPR open for TC55 GMS that solves EHS issue.

Contact our support and refer to SPR21874. There is a zip file to fixes the permission for /enterprise/usr folder.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Prashanth Kadur
You should be able to use adb

You should be able to use adb to push files to /enterprise/usr.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sean Kennedy
On this topic -- I would

On this topic -- I would suggest as follows:

1) Use StageNow to provision the file.  (To use StageNow to stage your devices is always a good suggestion..)

2) Have a backup plan of moving over the EHS_XXYYZZ.APK  and the 'enterprisehomescreen.xml' to the device from a user-friendly-RW folder, and then install and provision the .XML manually.

For 2) above I have suggested that on the PC make a folder called "Internet Stuff" and put the .APK and the .XML into that folder on the PC.

Copy the "Internet Stuff" folder from the PC to the Android Device either to an Externally inserted SDCARD, or to the Internal SDCARD on the Android device.

On the device using File Browser app, navigate to "/Internet Stuff/" folder and install the EHS_XXYYZZ.APK, and reboot.

Enable EHS to use EHS as the launcher -- and then login in Admin Mode.

Open File Browser app, and navigate to "Internet Stuff" folder, and copy the 'enterprisehomescreen.xml' file.

then Navigate to the "/enterprise/usr" folder by first navigating to "/enterprise" folder  --- (You will see nothing for content)

The where the "/enterprise" is above the content box in File Browser highlight the text and manually key in the "/usr" folder after the "/enterprise" portion.  (You will then see "/enterprise/usr" as the folder listing. )  Click the DONE button in the SIP. This navigates to that folder. You should see folders "elemez" and "persist" folder in the view. If it is still blank -- you have not navigated there.

Paste the  "enterprisehomescreen.xml" to the folder (answer yes) and then reboot the Zebra Android device.   If the file was correctly placed you should see the config for the .XML document you customized.    -sean

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sebastien Laporte
the problem is still not

the problem is still not fixed

on my TC55 or via my laptop, the enterprise folder is empty

no Usr folder

no permission to write on it

we can't copy xml files or logo files as they mentionned in the EHS readme file

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
The current KK OS builds

The current KK OS builds prevent access to the /enterprise folder in order to comply with Google GMS certification requirements. You can access sub-folders underneath /enterprise using ADB e.g.

adb shell ls /enterprise/usr

will show the contents of the /enterprise/usr folder which is used by default by EHS.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sean Kennedy
Adding a repeat of my text

Adding a repeat of my text for specific actions in File Browser from my prior reply...

Open File Browser app, and navigate to "Internet Stuff" folder, and copy the 'enterprisehomescreen.xml' file.

then

Navigate to the "/enterprise/usr" folder by first navigating to "/enterprise" folder  --- (You will see nothing for content)

Then where the "/enterprise" is seen above the content box in File Browser,

highlight the text and manually key in the "/usr"

folder after the "/enterprise" folder portion. 

(You will then see "/enterprise/usr" as the folder listing. ) 

Click the DONE button in the SIP.

This navigates to that folder.

You should see folders "elemez" and "persist" folder in the view.

If it is still blank -- you have not navigated there.

-sean

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Roman Bachurski
How can this possibly be

How can this possibly be automated through an MDM such as Airwatch. We have a few hundred field devices and I need to make an app or 2 visible in the EHS screen.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hello Roman,     The full

Hello Roman,

The full path to /enterprise/usr/ is writable/readable, an MDM would simply provide that full path to push the XML file.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Matt Dermody
Yep, it is incredibly simple

Yep, it is incredibly simple for an EMM like SOTI MobiControl to deliver the config file to the /enterprise/usr/ directory.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sunny Li
I had to hand type "usr" into

I had to hand type "usr" into the file structure at the top of the screen to get to the usr folder.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Les Nelson
Please disregard

Cannot find a way to delete this.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’