SAP on Enterprise Browser

// Expert user has replied.
K Kamogelo Rannobe 2 years 11 months ago
186 4 0

Hi All,

I am trying to use SAP on Enterprise browser.
SAP ITS mobile has been configured has been configured and we are able to launch SAP and login on Internet Explorer on OS windows CE.

We have been able to launch the SAP application on the Enterprise Browser but the Login Fields are greyed-out and there is an error message.

Error message: You are calling this website with a browser that is not supported.
Device: MC9190

The application works ok on a device with the following:
Device: MC9200
Browser: Internet Explorer

Has anyone faced this issue where SAP Login fields are greyed-out and login is not possible on a scanner?

Thanks,
Kam 

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

K Kamogelo Rannobe

Hi All,

My issue was resolved by installing Enterprise Browse 1.4.0.0 (WEBKIT). Now SAP is launching and when clicking login you get the required Login Prompt pop-up.

Now SAP fields are not appearing correctly on the screen. Looks like sap page is only using a quarter of the scanner screen. Do yo know where to alter this settings? I have already tried
increasing the following setting from Config.xml and did not get desired result: . Screenshots of current appearance. 

Thanks,
Kam

J Joydeep Chakraborty

Hi Kam,
It seems the SAP server is trying to find out from which Browser the request is coming from and based on that they are not allowing to proceed? This will be a server side configuration or script which is applying the filter..

1.Can you please share the Login page script from SAP server?
2.I think you have used Enterprise browser for Webkit cab file on MC9190 Windows mobile devices. Can you please try the IE version of the Enterprisebrowser cab and let me know the result? I think that may work fine.

Regards,
Joydeep

V Vedsatx Saddvv

A few other thoughts for you.

You should look through this if you haven't seen it.
Enterprise Browser SAP config guide

If you are not already selecting the IE engine in Enterprise Browser,  you should try that.  It is a setting in config.xml.

The back end is most likely using the UserAgent string to decide what kind of browser it thinks you are using.  This can be adjusted in the config.xml if you are using the Webkit engine.  Sometimes you can tweak that a little to get past these kind of issues, but it doesn't always help.  For instance, if you make it look like you are running IE and you are not, the back end might serve some things that only IE will be able to run/show properly.

P Peter Arcuri

Kam, I see form your post that the MC9190 is Windows Mobile while MC92N0 is Windows CE. Please note that Enterprise Browser has a distinct version for each type of Windows. Based on the error you highlighted, it may seem as you're using the WinCE version of EB on the Windows Mobile device. 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?