Advanced samples for direct monochrome printing with G and Z commands?

// Expert user has replied.
C Christian Schwarz 2 years 11 months ago
2 2 0

Hi!

I've got a hard time getting direct printing via ESC commands G and Z (as defined in "EPCL Programmer’s Guide 980415-001") working. My printer is a Zebra P330i with firmware version 3. I'm using the ZBRPRNSendCmdEx from the latest Value/Performance Class SDK. Lastest drivers (10.0) are installed.

Sending the G command ( G 0 0 10 640 1024 ) works fine. But the following Z command makes the ZBRPRNSendCmdEx to hang until I disconnect the printer. The printers LCD displays "Downloading data", than the printer ejects the card and displays "Command error". I've captured the USB traffic and found out that my bitmap data gets never sent to the printer. Instead, the SDK seems to send Z .

I've double checked the bitmap data encoding and don't see any issue. Does anyone have an idea what's going wrong? Could you please provide a more advanced code sample that uses direct printing (that means not using the Spooler) and is build on top of the SDK?

EDIT: Printing with Microsoft Word and Paint.NET works fine.

Best regards,
Christian

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

L Lucas Belo

I'm trying to send pure EPCL commands directly to the printer on Tools -> Command to send to printer, but the syntax used in manual never matches with executing. Ex: G 0 0 10 640 1024 must be execute as G 0 0 10 640 1024. But Z or O commands never works. Could you help?

D Daniel Quagliana

Christian,
I'm really sorry for the delay in response.  We had a bug in our system so missed that this came in.

In your email you mentioned using the SDK; would you be interested in using the SDK's function to do your printing instead of using the EPCL commands? If yes, which programming language do you use? We can provide you with a sample application that demonstrates printing using the SDK.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?