Combine CTRL+F

M Miroslav Havlicek 2 years 11 months ago
290 2 0

Hi,I am trying to program Motorola DS4208 scanner using 123Scan2 and I would like to emulate a keyboard shortcut, in this case CTRL+F, which I am unable to find.

My scenarioI have a huge pile of barcoded documents and a long Excel sheet containing those barcode numbers . I would like to use my scanner to find a code in the Excel file (hence the CTRL+F) and highlight it green. This, so I can find out, if there are any documents missing in the pile.

Is there a way to emulate keystroke combinations like CTRL+F (and hopefully others) in 123Scan2?

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

A Andrew Pengelly

Hi Miroslav, you can use the Modify Data rules to add characters to your barcode string.  Within the Modify data area select Program complex data modifications​ and select option ​Prefix/Suffix rules​.  Ensure ​​ is selected unless you also want append an ENTER key at the end in which case choose ​​.

At the PREFIX prompt click on the CODE LIST option, ASCII CHARACTERS and scroll down to choose CTRL F/ACKNOWLEDGE and click INSERT.  Finish editing your rule and load to scanner.

All done HOWEVER the rule does not appear to work while 123Scan is still open, so close 123Scan and move to Excel to test.

Sorry I cannot make the cell turn green.

As an alternative option you can simply use the ​CONDITIONAL FORMATTING​ option in Excel.  I'd suggest scanning your data into the same column as your existing data (ie. adding duplicate entries), and use the ​FORMAT ONLY UNIQUE OR DUPLICATE VALUES​ option to change the cell colour.

M Michal Keracik
CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?