PHP Text Printing

D Donnie Harman 2 years 11 months ago
318 1 0

I am new to the ZPL world, and am attempting to print a raw string to a ZP 450 - installed locally on Windows 7 (USB).

My PHP program is fairly simple, but is failing to open the printer.

I have installed the printer as a generic windows printer - per instructions from my U.P.S. representative.
I verified my PHP printer related entries with SMEs in that arena.

I'm not sure how to verify communication with the printer, since the Zebra driver is not being utilized.
I have working for a few days on trying to communicate via Windows - or via my PHP.

I am also trying to simply copy the string into Notepad (and similar), and send it to the printer.

Any help is appreciated.

Of course, I can provide further details, if anyone is able to help me dig.

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Hi Donnie,
If you just want to try out a text editor and print from a generic text driver, try typing just this "~WC" without quotes and printing the file.  It should print a label (or several) showing the high level print settings of the printer.  If it does not, you may need to look again at that driver to how you set it up.  Let me know and I should be able to walk you through it in more depth.

Can I ask, If you are programming in PHP, why are you connecting to a printer via USB?  I would think if you were writing server software, you would be connecting over a network?  More my curiosity than anything, but most of the sample code we have for Windows to USB printers is .NET based because that's what most of our developers are asking for. 

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?