EAN 128 Barcode how to display only Serial Number (21)?

M Marten Niebuhr 2 years 11 months ago
128 1 0

Dear all,

we are having a ean 128 Barcode on our products.

It consist of the Apllications Ident. (01),(17) and (21) , now we would like to display only the digits of the barcode after the (21).

I am trying to figure it out using 123 Scan2 but did not come to a solution yet!

Does anybody know how I can configure the scanner like this?

I really appreciate your help!

Thanks and best regards

Marten

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

L Larry Molter

I don't know if the scanner can be told to return only the segment of your choice. I wrote a GS1 parser to handle the problem of extracting the serial numbers in segment (21). I got the idea from a Google search of 'GS1 parser'. Basically, load the GS1 spec into the database. Primarlily, you'll need the AI code, the length, and whether it's a fixed or variable length field. What's nice about the GS1 AI (application identifier) spec is that the segment numbers don't overlap, i.e., you won't find a 3-digit identifier starting with a 2-digit identifier. Example: 21 is the Primary Serial Number. To my point, there's no 3- or 4-digit code that starts with 21. So, what am I getting at? The parser is simple. Grab the first 2 chars. Look for a match. None? Try the first 3 chars. None? Try 4 chars.

I can't post my code or email it to you because of intellectual property agreements; however, I found the basis of what I needed by others that DID post their parser code.

Hope that helps.

Actually, it may not. We have an application that we built in-house (not a commercial product). It was easy for me to include the GS1 parser into all the objects that read the scanner. You may not be so lucky.

Larry Molter
CCS Medical

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?