WIndows 10 & Bluetooth

C Clive Lacey 2 years 11 months ago
0 0 0

I am looking to develop a small application that will eventually run as an U.W.P. App. on a Win10 mobile computer talking to one of the Bluetooth Mobile Zebra printers (exact model T.B.D.).

I am currently developing in MSVS 2015 and have a test application printing to a bluetooth printer using standard device hooks in the windows (print/device) driver. My test printer in a Zebra IMZ220 BT. This works fine, however......

In the past I have created my own USB handler (for windows applications) to enable me to send and receive S.G.D. commands to Zebra printers. I like the extended (and protocol independent) range of information I can send and receive using this method.

I would like to be able to achieve the same using the Bluetooth protocol.

I am not really very familiar with Bluetooth and was wondering if there are any "rules" I should follow or even better if there are any tools you have or can suggest to do this, bearing in mind I am not developing for Android?

Currently I am investigating using the 2 coms ports that Bluetooth "seems" to use to see if I can receive the results of SGD commands sent to the printer.

Is this this correct way to progress or should I be looking to achieve this in a different way?

Any help /  pointers would be appreciate.

Regards
Clive

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?