get state of modifier keys (orange, blue, shift) on MC91 and MC92

H Holly Schoene 2 years 11 months ago
1 0 0

We develop an application which runs full screen so the modifier indicators are not visible.

So I now need a solution to update icons we put on the display with the state of orange, blue and shift.
The fun part is this solution should work on Omnii XT 10, Omnii XT 15, MC65, WAP 3, WAP 4, MC9100 and MC9200 in WinMobile 6.0 and 6.5 and CE6.

I got a solution for the Psion devices using the Mobile Devices SDK V8.0_8.42743. It will force me to copy different DLLs on to the dives depending on the OS but at least it works well then.

On the MC65 I get it to work with Motorola EMDK for .NET v2.9 (or v2.8 - either works). However I expected this to also work on the MC91 and MC92 but it does not. Those actually claim it does:
Release Notes - EMDK for .NET v2.8

However it turns out the keybddr.dll in those devices has different functions. While I can get their names I still do not have their signature so I can only guess and hope.

MC9100GetAlphaModeGetKeybdModeGetKeybdStateRegisterKeyboardNotification RegisterKeyStateNotification SetAlphaModeSetKeyStateSetMappingTableSetMultiMappingTable UnregisterKeyboardNotificationUnregisterKeyStateNotification
MC65GetKbdModiferStateGetKeyStateExGetValidKbdModifersSetKbdModifierStateSetKeyState

Can some one suggest a way how to get the state of orange, blue and shift on MC91 and MC92 and ideally one that would work on all devices and OSs.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?