Webview not working properly in Concierge CC5000 when JavaScript is enabled

// Expert user has replied.
M Marco Salazar 2 years 11 months ago
7 1 0

!
Hi I created an app for the Concierge CC5000-15 device, which is using firmware v1.2 with Android 4.1. Inside this android app, I'm opening a webview to display a website a customer needs, however the website does not work properly, since navigation is sloppy. I tried the same site directly from the Concierge Browser and it works OK, so I know it's not an issue with the website.

The code I'm using to open the webview (inside my fragment) is similar to the following:

public View onCreateView(LayoutInflater inflater, ViewGroup container, Bundle savedInstanceState) {
        inflater.inflate(R.layout.fragment_web, container, false);
        if (webView != null) {
            webView.destroy();
        }
        webView = new WebView(getActivity());
        webView.setOnKeyListener(new View.OnKeyListener() {
            @Override
            public boolean onKey(View v, int keyCode, KeyEvent event) {
                if ((keyCode == KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BACK) && webView.canGoBack()) {
                    webView.goBack();
                    return true;
                }
                return false;
            }
        });
        webView.setWebViewClient(new InnerWebViewClient());
        WebSettings settings = webView.getSettings();
        settings.setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
        return webView;
    }

When I have the JavaScript enabled (settings.setJavaScriptEnabled(true)), the site becomes really slow and starts to malfunction, but if I don't activate JavaScripts, it responds normally, however as you might guess, I DO need JavaScript for this project.

Any help will be more than welcome!

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

S SARADA THEEDA

Concierge Browser is based on Mozilla Firefox. Hence, it may work on Concierge browser and not on your app.
This link may help you give more clarity - Android WebView VS Phone Browser - Stack Overflow

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?