ZT410 - problem reading tag ID

In my company we are using printer R110xi4 in some countries but we couldn't import this printer to Japan so we had to get the ZT410.

For an application, we use the SGD commands to read the RFID tag ID for the label before printing.

In the R11xi4, you can easily get the 96 bits of the RFID tag ID by using this command:

! U1 getvar "rfid.tag.data"

However, in the ZT410 we think we need to use 3 different ones to get the same data and it only returns based on the manual 32 bits:

! U1 setvar "rfid.tag.read.content" "tid information"

! U1 setvar "rfid.tag.read.execute" "tid information"

! U1 setvar "rfid.tag.read.result_line1"

Is it possible to get this commands in ZTLII commands? We only want to read the RFID tag without feeding the label but getting the 96 bits of the rfid tag.

In addition, the RFID command set is so limited in this new printer. Is there any plan to enhance it? We would like to read the 96 bits in an easy way like in other models of zebra pritners.

Thanks for your help. Regards

Samantha Corn
Hi Xavier,I believe the "rfid

Hi Xavier,

I believe the "rfid.tag.data" command should work with the ZT410. Is this something you've tried?

I am basing this off the ZPL Programming Guide​, which covers nearly all ZPL and SGD commands. The "rfid.tag.data" command is on page 858, and the guide doesn't say it's limited to any set of printers.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Xavier Oso
Unfortunately is not working.

Unfortunately is not working. rfid.tag.data command is not supported by ZT410. If you check the RFID commands specific for the printer is not there.

The manual is not providing much information about ZT410. In most of the tables showing which commands can be used in every printer, ZT400 series is not mentioned in RFID section.

Thanks for your answer in any case.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Samantha Corn
Hi Xavier, I'm sorry about

Hi Xavier,

I'm sorry about that. The reason you're only getting 32 bits right now if because the that is all the "tid information" of the rfid.tag.read.content returns. If you change this to "epc", it should read all EPC data:

! U1 setvar "rfid.tag.read.content" "epc"

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Xavier Oso
Hi,We are struggling to make

Hi,

We are struggling to make these 3 commands to make it work:

! U1 setvar "rfid.tag.read.content" "epc"

! U1 setvar "rfid.tag.read.execute" "epc"

! U1 setvar "rfid.tag.read.result_line1"

Can you confirm this is the way to retrieve the information from the printer? I would expect to have to use a getvar in the last one but manual says that as the example.

Thank you very much for your help.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Samantha Corn
Hi Xavier, You are correct; I

Hi Xavier,

You are correct; I didn't catch that. The last command should be a getvar:

! U1 getvar "rfid.tag.read.result_line1"

Could tell me which manual you are using?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Xavier Oso
Hi Samantha,Thanks for the

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for the clarification and support. I hope we will be able to make it work soon.

I don't remember where I downloaded from but I can find it in the following link:

http://www.streckkod.se/images/produktdokument/Zebra%20ZT400%20RFID%20Programming%20Guide%203.pdf

I'm very disappointed with the lack of features of this printer compared to R110xi4. It is making things very complicated for not having commands as flexible as R110xi4. It should not be that difficult to make them available, after all it is all Zebra hardware and software... I would love to be able to buy R110xi4 but it is not possible to be purchased in Japan even if it is in Zebra's Japanese website.

Regards,

Xavier

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’