TC56 key input in web browser will only fire after page refresh.

I am currently in possession of a demo TC56 and so far I think its a fantastic piece of kit. However I have run into a issue. One of our web application relies on scanning through key input results in JavaScript. The TC56's behaviours is peculiar. I have hooked the device up to my PC and debugged through the JavaScript in chrome. The JavaScript looks at a key press event, however when you first land on the page and scan something it does not register it as having a key input. If you then refresh the page it will work absolutely fine. I have tried this in other browsers, including the default android one and it has the same effect. Am not experiencing this issue with other similar devices.

Any suggestions on what settings I should be using? I've pretty much tried every configuration I could think of.

Cheers.

Joydeep Chakraborty
Do you have a sample page to

Do you have a sample page to share?

Is your input box focused for the first time,when you are scanning a barcode?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Milton, you may also find

Hi Milton, you may also find this thread relevant:

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Milton Smith
Hi Darryn,Yes that seems to

Hi Darryn,

Yes that seems to be the same issue I have. Unfortunately this doesn't resolve my issue. I have added a new rule to advanced data formatting to try and combat this. I set send char to be all the relevant keys that would fire the JavaScript, however this still doesn't work. What am I missing? How do I define the ASCII keys to be fired on input so that I can emulate the input in JavaScript.

Cheers.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi, Unfortunately it is not

Hi,

Unfortunately it is not possible to receive the ASCII keys in the keypress event as you describe with DataWedge.

A few ideas spring to mind:

* If you are open to modifying your application then you can use the oninput event on a text field to receive the data, as suggested in that linked thread.

* If you use Enterprise Browser as your rendering engine you could intercept the DataWedge intents rather than the key presses.  In your JavaScript Intent receiver you could then forward the scans to your web page in a format the page understands.  You could use Enterprise Browser's DOM injection function to avoid having to change the actual application code.  I did a talk at the recent appforums which covered a similar topic (Zebra Technologies: Enterprise Browser Tips and Tricks, AppForum 2017 (EMEA) - YouTube , appforum-2017-eb-tips-and-tricks/receive_intents.js at master · darryncampbell/appforum-2017-eb-tips-and-tricks · GitHub , ) but that is very much a workaround!

* I wrote a (personal) blog on using WebSockets to send barcode data to pure web apps (http://www.darryncampbell.co.uk/2017/06/11/datawedge-to-websockets-bridge/ ) but that would also probably require you to change your apps source.

* If you have a support agreement you could raise a support ticket for this: Support and Downloads | Zebra

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Milton Smith
If thats the case how come

If thats the case how come the input works fine after the page has been refreshed?

What changes after I click refresh in terms of the input?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
I'm not 100% sure, perhaps

I'm not 100% sure, perhaps some quirk of the browser.  Hopefully somebody else on this forum may be able to provide some insight.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Milton Smith
Alright well thanks for your

Alright well thanks for your help. I have tried this in 3 different browsers all with the same effect.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anders Grandt
Same Issue

Did you find any solution to this?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’