.NET MC92NO Application Errors

D Dean Carl 2 years 11 months ago
0 1 0

Hi,

I have recently taken on maintenance of a .NET application that gets deployed to various MC9200 and MC92NOs with very little documentation.

The application is developed in Visual Studio 2008 and deployed with a Target Device of Windows Mobile 6 Professional Device.

The application has deployed perfectly fine previously, however when trying to deploy to a new fresh batch of MC92NOs, an error is returned: "OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.Versions=2.3.12004.1, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=.....", or one of its dependencies, was not found."

We have previously been able to deploy and run the application on other MC92NO units. Is this most likely a mismatch of .NET Frameworks of similar on the newest batch of devices, and how might I begin finding/comparing the installed Frameworks and Components?

Thank you for any assistance you may provide.

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

To check the version of Compact Framework,  you can run the cgacutil app in \windows.  You will need to go into view/options in the file browser and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" so you can see that in the file browser.  I am looking at a CE7 device.  If yours is Windows Embedded (probably is if you are targeting Windows Mobile),  it might be slightly different,  but that app should still be there.

OpenNETCF  is not a part of the compact framework though.  It is an add on package that many developers have used to help with these projects.  There would typically be a cab file or some dlls that get deployed to the device for OpenNETCF.  You might want to check that you are not missing some files that need to be deployed.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?