MC92N0

K Krzysztof Rams 2 years 11 months ago
18 1 0

Hello,

i have a new Device a MC92N0 on with i want do install a two Applications developed for an older Device model MC9XX.

When i try to install on the new Device these Apps i see each time a dialog with information, that the Application version is not compatible with this operation system - older device was WinCe 5.0.

I need these libraries listed below to properly run my Application:

NETCFv2.wce5.armv4i.cab
sql.wce5.armv4i.cab
System_SR_ENU.cab
symbol.all.arm - with this File is no problem

symbol.all.arm can be installed on the WinCe 7.0 device with no problem, but the other files make that the Dialog is appearing.

Is there a new version of these files dedicated for Windows CE 7?
Or is there a solution for this issue?

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

There is a VersionMax  flag in the cab files when they are built that causes that message I think.

The CE7 devices already come with Compact Framework 3.5 and Sql server 3.5.8154.0 preinstalled.  Most CF 2.0 apps will work fine with CF 3.5.  Sql can be an issue though.  There is a pretty good chance that the symbol.all.arm file you are using might not work properly on the newer device also.  There are typically changes in the EMDK as new devices are added (for instance the scan engine in your device may not have existed when that cab file was created).  You might need to rebuild your app against a newer version of the EMDK and a newer version of SqlCe.

Also see this post about Sql incompatibilities on CE7, in case you run into this.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?