Printing multiple Cards at once on a USB connected Zebra ZXP Series 3

J Joshua Preston 3 years ago
82 1 0

Hello again,

Context: Printing cards from a Zebra ZXP Series 3 over USB Connect using the SDK: Zebra Technologies - Card ID Printing – Zebra Card SDK for ZXP Series 3 Printers – C#

I am using the "SDK" from Zebra Technologies - Card ID Printing – Zebra Card SDK for ZXP Series 3 Printers – C# . I am currently printing out a card that has a image on it and some text. It takes about 33 seconds for each card to print. I want to print out about 600 cards in a row. I know that I can obviously set up a for loop to keep sending jobs to the Zebra ZXP Series 3. The problem is I don't know how reliable that will be. For example, with 1 Printer, it will take about 5 hr 32 mins to print out all of the cards. Multiple problems can arise during this huge print job. The ribbon could run out, command errors, ink errors etc. I need to know that the printer is ready to print, and if it is in a error state, I need to know that too. The SDK I'm currently working with is in WinForms (ew!) and is from 2008. I am in VS 2017 and am developing this application in WPF (C#) so I have been translating all of the code from WinForms to WPF which is really similar.

Here are my questions:

1) I am currently using the SDK mentioned above. Is this SDK outdated? Should I use a more up to date SDK so that I can notify myself when an error has happened in the printer? I only need a SDK to satisfy USB connected Zebra ZXP Series 3 printing. If there is a different SDK I should be using - can you please respond with the link?

2) Is it even possible to send like 300 jobs to the printer to print in a row? Is that even a good idea? Or should I print one by one to ensure accuracy?

rwest

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

J Joshua Preston

The answer is yes. Use a for loop to iterate through each job, if the job is hung up then the printer will not be able to succesfully open, throw a error at that point and the printer will correct itself. Make sure that CloseGraphics() buffer has been closed after each job, that was my mistake.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?