PrintConnect via Chrome Android Intents with javascript/html?

B Brian TT 2 years 11 months ago
43 2 0

Is it possible to use PrintConnect with Android Intents from Chrome/javascript/html?
AFAIK the Zebra Browser only works on select Android devices;  TestConnect didn't install on my Samsung T800 either.

If so, I'm looking for some samples as I've only seen Java versions.

My non-working attempts (I'm unsure of the uri/scheme/package and how to pass VARIABLE_DATA, and whether RESULT_RECEIVER is required):

window.location.href = "intent://printconnect/#TemplatePrintService;scheme=printconnect;package=com.zebra.printconnect;S.TEMPLATE_FILE_NAME=HelloWorld.zpl;end";

window.location.href = "intent://com.zebra.printconnect.print.TemplatePrintService/#TemplatePrintService;scheme=com.zebra.printconnect;package=com.zebra.printconnect;S.TEMPLATE_FILE_NAME=HelloWorld.zpl;end";

window.location.href = "intent://com.zebra.printconnect.print.TemplatePrintService/#TemplatePrintService;scheme=com.zebra.printconnect;package=com.zebra.printconnect;S.TEMPLATE_FILE_NAME=HelloWorld.zpl;S.RESULT_RECEIVER='';end";
// S.RESULT_RECEIVER= ??? null

window.location.href = "intent://com.zebra.printconnect/#TemplatePrintService;scheme=printconnect;package=com.zebra.printconnect;S.TEMPLATE_FILE_NAME=myTicket.prn;S.VARIABLE_DATA=%ticketNumber%=1234567;end";

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Jerry Kowalewski

I have this same need... were you ever able to find a solution?

L Laurent Schall

Same requirement here. Thanks in advance.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?