Unable to Connect TC70x to Windows 7 / 10

Hello,

I've been developing an app to use with TC70x:

- Android Version 6.0.1

- 2 slot cradle (1 device, 1 battery)

PC INFO:

- ADB version 1.0.39

- Zebra Android USB Driver 2.2

I've been trying to connect the device on 2 different systems with the same results.

- I've tried the USB cable that was furnished from our vendor with the cradle, it doesn't work

- I've tried 2 other USB cables that work with my Samsung and it doesn't work with the Zebra device

- I've installed the Zebra Android USB Driver 2.2 on both machines, it still doesn't see the device

- I've enabled USB debugging and still neither PC see's the device

- I've entered ADB Sideload mode and still could not see the device on either PC (adb devices command)

I'm ready to start device testing to proof that we can use Zebra TC70x devices for our needs, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dalton Brady
The cradle I was using was a

The cradle I was using was a charge only cradle... Why even put a USB connection on it? Anyways the issue should be resolved.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Madhusoodana Varrier
@ Dalton Brady,I do face

@ Dalton Brady,

I do face similar issue when I try to connect TC70x with Windows 10 pro. How did you find that the cradle is charge only?

Thanks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Brian Moore
Madhusoodana,In the quick

Madhusoodana,

In the quick start guide for TC70x there is a list of part numbers for the various cradles. You can compare your cradle with the list to determine if it is a charge only cradle or not.

TC70x Touch Computer Support & Downloads | Zebra

Thanks,

Brian Moore

Software Engineer Kutir Mobility

Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Dalton Brady
You can tell this easily, the

You can tell this easily, the TC70x can only create data connection through the pins on the back of the device. Which means you're cradle will have the normal charge pins that make contact with the bottom of the device, and the pins that make contact with the pin set on the back of the device as well. If only the charge pins are there, then it is a charge only cradle.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Madhusoodana Varrier
Thank you. I realized that

Thank you. I realized that the cradle which we have is “Charge only”

Regards

Madhu Varrier

Enterprise Mobile Architect

Office + 91 80 4270 5000 – Ext: 8098112

Mobile + 91 97390 00200