RFD8500 Triggered Inventory with Single Read Requirement

Hello all:

This might be a more of an RFID technology question as opposed to RFD Android SDK question.

I have always struggled with the sessions of the gen2 tags (0,1,2,3) as to where they should be utilized. Most of the websites that I have reviewed pertaining to the different sessions look like some type of nightmarish sudoku puzzle!?!?!?

My app is a simple pull the trigger, read all tags ONCE in the read field, release the trigger, stop reading.

Everything is working fine with the TC51/RFD8500 and the trigger but the tags are being reported multiple times. I believe this is in the session reporting but could not find an example of what I should set this to so that the tag is only reported once???

Thanks in advance!

Marshall Ellis

Gurpreet Gandhi
Hi Marshall,I need  small

Hi Marshall,

I need  small help regarding the Asynchronous reading of the tags in android.

Can you share your contact details ?

Regards,

Gurpreet Gandhi

gurpreetgandhi3@gmail.com

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Marshall Ellis
You can email me:mellis
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Gurpreet Gandhi
HI Marshall,Many thanks for

HI Marshall,

Many thanks for your response.

I'm trying to build a tailored Android application for Zebra 8500 using RFIDAPI3Library(zebra_rfidapi_sdk_2.0.0.2) provided by Zebra.

what I'm trying to achieve was to catch asynchronous responses from the Device, i.e whenever the HANDHELD trigger is PRESSED/RELEASED the data captured by  Device can be read, similar kind of issue is happening for fetching the Battery as well.

What I tried was :

RFIDReader rfidReaderDevice = readerDevice.getRFIDReader();if (rfidReaderDevice != null) {    Toast.makeText(MainActivity.this, "Async Subscribe:: Start Trigger:" +            rfidReaderDevice.Config.getStartTrigger() , Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();    rfidReaderDevice.Events.setBatchModeEvent(true);    rfidReaderDevice.Events.setReaderDisconnectEvent(true);    rfidReaderDevice.Events.setInventoryStartEvent(true);    rfidReaderDevice.Events.setInventoryStopEvent(true);    rfidReaderDevice.Events.setTagReadEvent(true);    rfidReaderDevice.Events.setHandheldEvent(true);    rfidReaderDevice.Events.setBatteryEvent(true);    rfidReaderDevice.Events.setPowerEvent(true);    rfidReaderDevice.Events.setOperationEndSummaryEvent(true);    RfidEventsListener eventsListener = new RfidEventsListener() {        @Override        public void eventReadNotify(RfidReadEvents rfidReadEvents) {            String tags = rfidReadEvents.getReadEventData().tagData.getTagID();            statusField.setText("Method Call : eventReadNotify" );           // Toast.makeText(MainActivity.this, "Method Call : eventReadNotify + " + tags, Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();        }        @Override        public void eventStatusNotify(RfidStatusEvents rfidStatusEvents) {            Events.HandheldTriggerEventData statusEventData = rfidStatusEvents.StatusEventData.HandheldTriggerEventData;          //  Toast.makeText(MainActivity.this, "Method Call : Status Notify Data +  statusEventData.getHandheldEvent()", Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();            statusField.setText("Method Call : Status Notify Data" );        }    };    rfidReaderDevice.Events.addEventsListener(eventsListener);

It Seems framework is never calling eventReadNotify/eventStatusNotify for any HANDHELD Events.

Can you please help me with what I'm missing, or what Events should be set true to catch the HANDHELD Events?

Many Thanks,

Gurpreet Gandhi

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Marshall Ellis
Gurpreet:Perhaps you are

Gurpreet:

Perhaps you are missing the event handler connection of their event handler class?

//ADD EVENT HANDLERS

EventHandler eh = new EventHandler();

zebra_reader.Events.addEventsListener(eh);

class EventHandler implements RfidEventsListener{

public void eventReadNotify(RfidReadEvents e){

DCCClientActivity.activity.runOnUiThread(new Runnable() {

@Override

public void run() {

int c = 0;

String tagid = "";

TagData[] tags = null;

try{

tags = zebra_reader.Actions.getReadTags(100);

if (tags != null){

for (c = 0; c < tags.length; c++){

if (add_H_prefix){

tagid = "H" + tags[c].getTagID();

}

else{

tagid = tags[c].getTagID();

}

if (!taglist.contains(tagid)){

//Log.d("DCCMsg", "FIRST Add:" + tagid);

taglist.add(tagid);

result = process_tag(tagid);

}

}

}

}

catch (Exception ex){

Log.d("DCCMsg EventHandler", ex.getMessage());

}

}

});

}

Marshall Ellis

Lead Developer

972-489-2043

<http://www.datacollectioncenter.com/>

Technical Support

Email: support@datacollectioncenter.com<mailto:support@datacollectioncenter.com>

Phone: 940-206-1721

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Gurpreet Gandhi
HI Marshall,Many thanks for

HI Marshall,

Many thanks for the reply.

This seems to more associated with the Scanner SDK, but I'm working with Zebra_RFIDAPI3_SDK_2.0.0.2 for Android.

Can DCCClientActivity be used from the RFIDAPI3 library as well?

Regards,

Gurpreet Gandhi

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Tanvi Bhatia
RFID 8500 scans all tags at a time

Hello ,

Can you please suggest how to scan one tag at a time using RFID in ios?

Thanks
Tanvi

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Foong Kuin Yow
Please refer to

Please refer to
http://techdocs.zebra.com/dcs/rfid/android/2-15/tutorials/singulation/
singulationControl.setSession(SESSION.SESSION_S0);

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Tanvi Bhatia
RFID 8500 scans all tags at a time

Hello ,

I am developing iPhone application using zeBRA rfid .It is scanning multiple tags at a time.I want to scan one tag at a time so that I can save the scanned tag to product.How to achieve this?.
Please help.

You can contact me at tanvi.bhatia@360degreecloud.co.in
Thanks

Tanvi Bhatia

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’