How do I configure Datawege for Dynamics 365 POS?

// Expert user has replied.
A Andrew Pengelly 2 years 11 months ago
134 3 0

Our client is looking to deploy Microsoft Dynamic 365 for their POS system.  Within D365 the default product display screen does not have a text input field. On a PC this is not a problem as the barcode scanner activity is automatically recognised, the barcode data captured and everything progresses.  However on the TC51 using Datawedge this does not work.  The TC51 barcode scanner appears to read the barcode (green light), however lacking an input field the barcode data is ignored and discarded by the browser app.  The user has to proactively press a key ( or ), to open a search field with cursor in place and then scan the barcode. 

I'm looking to trial the PREFIX option in Datawedge but need to know the ASCII code for

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

J Joydeep Chakraborty

Can you please help me understand the page better..

When you say user has to press a key ( or ) and search box comes up,is that a functionality of your application(Microsoft Dynamic 365 )?

How will that data in the search box will be delivered to the application business logic?

Will it be possible for you to share the HTML source of product display screen? If so we can try to do a JavaScript injection in your page to solve this with Enterprise Browser.

Regards,
Joydeep

A Andrew Pengelly

Hi Joydeep

Dynamics 365 (D365), is a Microsoft product range.  In this instance my client is deploying the cloud edition of D365 Retail POS.  The shortcut keys for that can be found at the link below.  Since D365 it is not our product I cannot supply HTML code so was hoping someone had tried this previously.

Keyboard shortcuts - Finance & Operations | Dynamics 365 | #MSDyn365FO | Microsoft Docs

On the PC D365 recognises the barcode action.  On the TC56 it does not.  It seems that MS use OPOS drivers on the PC so if there is an OPOS driver for Datawedge that may resolve the issue.  In the meantime our work around is to activate the search routine by prefixing to the barcode which should place the barcode data into the search field.  The testing is taking some time so hoping to find a quick answer here.

J Joydeep Chakraborty

I am not sure whether you can send those keystrokes via Datawedge.

If you can open the application in  desktop, then you can do view source from Chrome,save the source and then inject JavaScript to route the data in application business logic.

Without knowing what they are exactly doing in that page it is difficult to suggest next steps.

Regards,
Joydeep  

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?