Unreadable character when setting Android hostname with StageNow

A Alexander Zecher 2 years 11 months ago
165 6 0

Hello,

I'm trying to set the hostname of a MC3300 with StageNow like it is mentioned on Change the Network Device Name of Android device | Zebra

When I print the barcode and use StageNow on my device, the hostname is set but it has a unreadable character before the hostname. The unreadable character is showen in my Windows DHCP server and when I ping the device. I have used StageNow 3.0 and 2.1 with the same result. I also have tryed different versions of MX settings and this has changed the unreadable character in some way but there is still one character before the readable hostname. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
With kind regards
Alexander Zecher

Please register or login to post a reply

6 Replies

A Adam OToole

We have a customer in common who is experiencing the same problem with their TC70 devices. The nonprintable ASCII control character at the beginning of the device hostname is causing DNS lookup problems in the reverse zone (PTR records).
An nslookup on the IP address from a Linux client shows the name shows in the format "\024android-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.domain.tld" which as you can imagine does nothing for interoperability. In Windows, we see an up arrow instead of the escaped character \024.
That ASCII character is the nonprintable (Cancel) control character, which really has no business being in a hostname. I think even Grimes would agree with me.
Would you please let me know why this is happening, and how this may be corrected?

I Ionel Loncle

I have the same problem with StageNow or API. The first character equal the number letter of Hostname :
Example :
148.105.0.1.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer \024android-c329b26cf3feedc5.xxxxxx.xxx

S Steven-Christos Cracknell

Hello,

is there any known solution for this Problem? We have the same Issue as described by Alexander with some TC56 and TC57 devices. Would be great if you could help us.

Thank you
With kind regards
Steven-Christos Cracknell

J Javier Molina

Alexander,
Can you export your profile from StageNow both "for MDM" and "for StageNow" and attach them here?

Javier Molina
Technical Architect, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

A Alexander Zecher

Hello Javier,

here are the two files.

Thank you for your help.

With kind regards
Alexander Zecher

s sabir Rao

It is an amazing thing that we have come to know about the roblox codes for free at https://getfreerbxcodes.com/ online.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?