Xamarin Forms DatePicker only shows a limited number of years on the TC 25

Hello,

This is my first post here and I apologise if this is too specific (or the other way round). I am developing an application for a client and they need to select dates well in the past (such as 12/Jan/1910) when using the device (TC 25).

The problem I came across is that the DatePicker only shows a very limited number of years to choose from. For example, if the selected date is today and I select the year list I can only select from 2016 to 2022. This only happens on the TC 25. I tried several other phones and asked in the Xamarin Forms (https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/355167) and nobody else can replicate it.

I created an empty application with just one DatePicker and the same happens so it is not specific to my application.

I would like to know if anyone else in this forum came across this issue and how they solved it.

Thanks,

Jose

Dmitry Prokhorov
Hello Jose,It would be nice

Hello Jose,

It would be nice to have your empty application with just one DatePicker so we would be able to test and debug it on our side. Would you be so kind to provide your project for this app with all source code?

Dmitry Prokhorov

Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility

Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jose Dias
Hello Dmitry,Sure no problem.

Hello Dmitry,

Sure no problem. I am attaching the solution to this message. I am using VS2017 15.8.9 but it should just compile on any recent version of VS2017. The apk is 6Mb, please let me know if you prefer it.

Thanks,

Jose

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Javier Molina
Jose,Can you attach the APK

Jose,

Can you attach the APK as well? That way I'll be able to test it on a few devices.

Javier Molina

Technical Architect, Kutir Mobility

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jose Dias
Hi Javier,I cannot find a way

Hi Javier,

I cannot find a way to upload it to this post anymore. Please find it at:

https://genexprolabs.com/tmp/DatePickerTester-Signed.zip http://genexprolabs.com/tmp/DatePickerTester-Signed.zip

I will remove it in 24 hours or so. Please let me know if you did not get it.

Thanks,

Jose

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Dmitry Prokhorov
Jose,The .apk you kindly

Jose,

The .apk you kindly attached here seems has been built in debug mode. So it rely on shared Mono runtime of some exact version installed on device. Could you please to share an .apk file built in release mode? This way it will contain needed runtime in the application bundle.

Also, could you please to try to reproduce you issue using release mode .apk on TC25 and other devices? Will it behave on TC25 in the same way?

Dmitry Prokhorov

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jose Dias
Hi Dmitry,Sorry about that.

Hi Dmitry,

Sorry about that. You can get the release apks (signed and unsigned from:

https://genexprolabs.com/tmp/releaseapks.zip

You can also see it in the app I am working on. It is at the Play store and it is fully functional:

IrisBG - Apps on Google Play

You will need to download a garden, search, open one accession and select the item tab to find one of the datepickers.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jose

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Dmitry Prokhorov
Thank you Jose,Did you have

Thank you Jose,

Did you have attempt to reproduce DatePicker issue on TC25 with release .apk bundles of your application? Are there any results?On my Nexus 6P with Android 8.1.0 I was able to select dates with year value from 1909 to 2100. You can see my results on attached screenshots:

DatePicker-Nexus6P-Android81-1909.jpgDatePicker-Nexus6P-Android81-2100.jpg

Dmitry Prokhorov

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jose Dias
Hi Dmitry,Yes, the same

Hi Dmitry,

Yes, the same happens with release apks. Actually, this was a bug report from a client that is using the application we released (see link in previous post). They bought a load of TC25s and found out they could not record very old dates with them. I tested both, our application from the play store (thus the release apk) and the release apk of the sample app with just the DatePicker. I tested with the Xiami Redmi 5A (Android 7.1.2), the LG G6 (Android 8.0.0) and the Samsung Tab 2 (Android 8.1.0) and they all work fine (the link above to the xamarin forms adds a couple more to the list). So far the problem only happens with the TC25 (Android 7.1.2).

Thanks,

Jose

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ahmed Mehanna
I am using Zebra MC33,

I am using Zebra MC33, Android 7.1.2  and I have the same issue with DatePickerIs there any solution for that ?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Dmitry Prokhorov
Hello Ahmed,Thank you very

Hello Ahmed,

Thank you very much reporting that! We still in progress with our research on cause of this issue. Would you pls to provide more details on Xamarin version and application build type? Has it been reproduced with a debug .apk bundle and shared Mono runtime on Android or was it built as a release .apk bundle that have Mono runtime included?

Dmitry Prokhorov

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ahmed Mehanna
Hello Dmitry,This bug has

Hello Dmitry,

This bug has been reproduced in debug mode with and without shared mono run-time as well as in release mode with and without mono run-time.

Xamarin Forms package version:3.2.0.871581

Regards,

Ahmed Mehanna

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Dmitry Prokhorov
Hello Ahmed,Thank you very

Hello Ahmed,

Thank you very much for additional details!

Dmitry Prokhorov

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’