Connection.Close() taking 5 seconds

E Elaine Williams 2 years 11 months ago
59 1 0

I'm using an iOS device to print to a ZQ310 via a Bluetooth connection. The app is written in Xamarin Forms and C# using Zebra.Printer.SDK v.2.15.2634. The Connection.Close() command is taking 5 seconds to complete which seems longer than the previous LinkOS_Xamarin_SDK version?  Is there a way to control how long the Close command will take?  In the debugger I can see a property on the connection called "TimeToWaitBeforeClose", but I'm not able to reference it or override it in my code?  Is that something that I should be able to do?  If so, some sample code would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Elaine

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Elaine Williams

My question came in right before the holiday shutdown, but I was still hoping from some feedback on this issue.  I am connecting to the printer, sending slip to printer and then closing connection for each slip that is printed as per sample code. I now have it queuing up the print jobs to get around the delay but it still seems like an issue to have to wait 5000 ms on the Close connection call. Any thoughts from the Zebra team on how to override the "TimeToWaitBeforeClose" so that I can shorten that wait time?  Or is the answer to keep the connection open between print jobs?

Thanks,
Elaine

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?