EMDK updated to VS2019

Hello, current 4.0.0.3 EMDK version doesn't work with Visual Studio 2019: can't install extension, and Nuget crashes on debug.

When will the update for VS2019 will be available?

Thanks

Christian Daniel
I can confirm that issue. I'm

I can confirm that issue. I'm trying to use Visual Studio 2019 (Windows AND Mac-Version). On both versions it crashes immediately when Debugger is connected on Xamarin.Forms Android application. But it works with VS 2017 (at least on Windows).

Still hoping for a quick fix. Thanks!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Rakesh R Nair
I am also facing the same

I am also facing the same issue in Visual Studio for Mac 2019. I am getting something like this while debugging.

[libc] Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0xbc in tid 9261

Thanks,

Rakesh

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Christian Daniel
Is someone working on that

Is someone working on that issue?

It would be nice, if the Zebra team could confirm our issue and give us a hint when or at least if we could expect a bugfix.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
I can confirm the team are

I can confirm the team are investigating a fix and intend on releasing a version of EMDK that supports VS2019 but I do not have an ETA I am afraid.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Can you please try with the

Can you please try with the latest preview of VS 2019, Version 16.1.0 Preview 2.0?  Though I could reproduce this on Preview 1.0 it no longer seems to be an issue with the latest Preview release of Visual Studio, at least testing on Windows.

Edit: I just tested on a Mac with VS2019 version 8.0.4 (build 0) and it seems to work there also so although we do not claim official support for VS 2019, I would encourage those trying to use the IDE to update to the latest version.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Rakesh R Nair
I just verified it is working

I just verified it is working fine in VS2019 for mac Thanks for the update

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Detlef Reil