ZD420

G Guillaume Vachon 2 years 10 months ago
8 2 0

Hi,
I have been trying to make the ZSDK_DemosAndroid work with the ZD420 we just purchased. Our goal is to connect Bluetooth. I have been able to pair the printer to the Android device through the OS Bluetooth setting entering the 6 digit PIN the printer generated. After that in the SDK App, I tried to connect it (Connectivity Demo) with the Bluetooth MAC address found on the back of the printer but no success. By breaking in the code and after increasing the timeout I am receiving ConnectionException (com.zebra.sdk.comm.ConnectionException: Could not connect to device: red failed, socket might be closed or timeout, read ret: -1). Also, the Bluetooth under DiscoveryDemo don't find the printer that is next to it (and paired in the OS Bluetooth settings). What am I doing wrong and what should I try next?

Thanks,
Guillaume

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

R Ruan Silvis

Joining discussion

G Guillaume Vachon

I have found this related topic ( ) that point that I was using the wrong library. Now that I have made the switch to the BLE SDK demo I still have a connection issue, the discovered is fired but even though the printer is paired and right next to the Android device I keep receiving "discoveryFinished" callback instead of the "foundPrinter" one. How can I make the sample app discover the printer next to it?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?