Device Information provides a comprehensive view of an individual Zebra mobile computer’s basic information, such as model, serial number, operating system version and memory. By aggregating data fields across the enterprise, applications can reveal totals such as model quantity or number of devices running a given OS version.
A developer can use this API to retrieve and show each individual mobile computer’s hardware profile, such as:
Also, the developer can provide access to these hardware profile data points across the enterprise.
A Zebra Savanna application key is required for using and testing this API. See the Getting Started Guide
- The mobile device model and Android version are supported for the Mobile Computer Device Health APIs.
- The device has been enrolled and authorized for Zebra Savanna.
- The Zebra Data Services (ZDS) agent is installed and activated on the device
- A company can access an overall view of its device fleet.
- Additionally, the company can retrieve data for individual devices' support/repair profiles.
- Identify devices requiring OS updates and manage the updates.