EMDK for Android v4.2 is now available. Find installers for this and previous releases on the EMDK Downloads page.
Whats New in v4.2
- Added support for the MX v5.1
- UI Manager
- Added new feature to set the language to localize the device to match the preferred language of the intended Device User.
- Added new feature to enable or disable pulling down the Notification Panel.
- Added new feature to display or hide the Settings icon in the Notification Panel.
- App Manager - Added new feature to launch an application by specifying the application name.
- Host Manager - Added new feature to set the device host name to identify device both locally and within any DNS-enabled IP-based network.
- Bluetooth Manager - Added new feature to allow or disallow the mobile device to pair with new remote devices.
- Analytics Manager - Added new capability to control the data captured by the analytics engine such as data transportation, type of information to collect and data collection scheduling.
- Updated the DataCapture feature:
- Added support for additional scanner devices:
- Bluetooth Imager 1 (please note this value is for use with RS507 only)
- Added support for controlling the barcode decode notifications:
- Aim Mode - Enable/Disable scanner aim during scanning.
- Illumination Brightness - Controls illumination brightness of the imager.
- Updated Barcode Manager APIs with the following features:
- Enhanced the ScannerInfo class for the selecting the scanner:
- Added new method getDeviceIdentifier() for selecting the scanner from the supported scanner devices. This method provides the information returned by the getConnectionType() and getDeviceType() methods in one call.
For more details on this release, see the EMDK for Android 4.2 About Page