If you are hoping to market your application to Zebra and its partners then AppGallery is the right marketing tool. Developers no longer need to find the customers or do the heavy lifting to get the word out about their apps. Zebra's AppGallery places your application where it needs to be so the highest number of people can see it and download it to their devices.
When you first submit your app it will show up on the main page of the Marketplace under the "New" section, giving you a leg up on older applications and providing greater visability to all those using AppGallery.
AppGallery is also organized and very intuitively designed so that enterprise across multiple industries can quickly identify your application for their devices. Categories have been created for each of Zebra's verticals which makes finding applications quick and simple.
Your applications receive greater visibility, Prepare Materials Needed for App Submission Before submitting your app, make sure you have all of the necessary materials you will need to get through the approval process and to promote your app in the Marketplace . Below are a list of required materials and information you will be asked to provide.
Submit Your App to the Marketplace
- App Icon/Logo – The recommended size for your app icon is 200x200px. This icon will be visible on your Marketplace tile, app page, and as your app icon on the mobile device.
- Categories – Select the different industries that are applicable to your app from the following list: education, energy and utilities, government, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing, natural resources, professional services, public safety, retail, telecom, transportation and logistics, field mobility, SAP integration, Zebra, and cross industry. This information is important and will help you increase app visibility to the right customers.
- Supported Devices – Select the devices that your app will be supported on from the following list: ET1, MC32 Android, MC40, MC67 Android, TC55, TC70, & TC75.
- List Key Features – Create a list of key features that can help customers understand what makes your app unique. Also when you submit your list of key features, make sure each key feature is on a new line.
- What's New – When you submit a new version, use this space to highlight the new features, functions, and fixes included in your new version.
- Screenshots – You will need to include between four and six screenshots (recommended image size of 230x350px). Use these screenshots to give users a feel of what to expect and to highlight unique features and functions.
- Sales Contact Email – If your app requires a customer to purchase a license to use the app after downloading, please include a sales contact email that they can use to get a license. Currently customers cannot directly purchase the app or app licenses through AppGallery, but this feature is planned to be in place in the future.
- User manuals and demo videos – AppGallery provides fields for including links to these valuable resources to help get your users started and to inform them of how to use your apps to their fullest.
When you are ready, you can submit your app to the Marketplace . Your app will go through an approval process where it will be tested for quality and security. Once approved, it will be added to the Marketplace, making your app publicly visible to thousands of customers looking for enterprise and productivity apps to use with their Zebra Technologies mobile computers. As customers begin to download and use your app, they will be able to provide immediate feedback through AppGallery's reviews and ratings system. Maintain and Support Your App
After your app has been posted on the Marketplace , you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining it. When changes are made to your app, AppGallery provides an easy means to upload a new version. However, updates must be submitted to the Marketplace and re-tested before they will be made publicly available.