This page attracts people from all experience levels. Some people are seasoned experts printing from apps. For others, this is what they seek when they’re looking for help when interacting with a Zebra printer for the first time. If this is the case, then these resources are for you! Start to finish, these steps will help you go from label novice to a printing pro:
1. If you do not have a previous experience with Zebra Printers, then I recommend the Getting Started with Printers and Apps document. This document walks you through setting up a Zebra printer out of the box, configuring its basic settings, and designing labels.
2. If Zebra printers are something you’re comfortable with but writing Android applications that print to them is a whole other story, read through the Getting Started with Android Development document. There is also sample code and demo apps available here on the Label and Receipt Printing page:
3. When creating printing applications, there are a few key points developers must keep in mind. These are outlined in Zebra’s Best Practices for Printing Applications. We have a webinar that goes through these best practices and shows sample code on how they can be implemented. If you are in a hurry, the slide deck is included covering the main points.
4. Download our Link-OS SDK for implementation, demo sample code, and consultation. There are separate APIs in the SDK for Android and Android BTLE, and each API has at least one demo project.
5. Finally, review our API documentation to familiarize yourself with the full functionality of the Link-OS SDK. There’s a lot that it can do for you, so take advantage of everything it has to offer.