These instructions explain how to upload an app to AppGallery for the first time. If you're looking to upload a new version of an existing AppGallery app, leave this page and follow instruction to Upload a new version of an app.
Uploading a new app to AppGallery in brief, involves three basic steps:
1- Upload an icon and input basic app Information
2- Generate the Upload data from the app file itself
3- Upload screenshots and input contact info and additional Details about the app.
Here's a complete explanation of the process:
1. Log into AppGallery.
2. Click Apps on the menu bar.
3. Click Add new App.
4. A screen appears similar to the one below:
5. In the Information section, provide the following:
- App name
- Company name
- A brief description (140 characters, max.) for the Collection view card
- App icon (image file, 200x200px recommended)
- Detailed description of the app (4000 characters, max.) and its main business benefits
A preview of your app's "card" will be displayed at right. This is how your app will appear in Collection views.
6. When finished, click "Continue to Upload" to open the Upload section.
7. In the Upload section:
- Select Android or iOS build (Note: iOS apps cannot be submitted to the Marketplace)
- Select the Source of app files (local files or remote build URL)
- If local files, click Browse and navigate to your app's installation package (.APK for Android; .IPA for iOS)
- If remote build URL, enter the URL, version, version code and package name of the app
When finished, the page should look similar to the image below:
As each section is completed, a check mark will appear at the right. If it becomes necessary to return to a prior section, CLICK THE CHECK MARK TO GO BACK. Do not use the back button.
SKIP TO STEP 13 if there's no need to include additional configuration files when the app is installed on the device. The ability to Include additional files is supported on Android devices and with AppGallery 2.3 and higher.
8. In the Upload section, click the Checkbox for "Include configuration files" indicated by the arrow in the image below. A section will appear like the one in the red box below:
9. Click "+ Add data file" for each file to be added. As many as five (5) files can be included. The image below shows fields for adding three (3) data files:
10. Click the Browse button and navigate to the file to be included.
11. Enter the desired path in the Device Location field. When the app is installed, the data file will be placed in this location on the device.
12. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for each included file.
13. Once all Upload info is entered, click "Continue to Details" button to upload the app file.
A progress bar appears briefly while the app uploads:
When the upload completes, the Details section should appear similar to the image below. If the Details section does not appear after a moment, refresh the page.
Public Marketplace (Android only)
14. Would you like to submit your new app to AppGallery's public marketplace?
Select "No..." if your app is for your company's internal use only and/or it's for iOS.
Select "Yes..." if your app is for Android, for internal use and you want to make your app available to the public.
15. Fill out all additional required fields. It may be necessary to scroll down to access all fields.
16. Fill out optional fields (as desired). Include URLs for user guide and promotional video, if applicable.
17. Click Save and Add App to complete app submission.
For public display:
- Sales Contact Email (the person responsible for posting and/or selling the app)
- Phone Number (of the person submitting the app)
- Website URL (of the organization responsible for the app)
- Languages (presented within the app)
- Offer Countries (in which the app can be used)
- Android Flavor Support (select from a drop-down list of operating systems)
- Supported Devices (on which the app is designed to operate)
- Categories (industries for which the app is intended)
- Banner (no longer required)
- Screenshots (at least 3 and no more than 6; 230x350px recommended)
- Features (list of the key features and benefits of the app)
- What's New (list of what has changed in the version being uploaded)
- User Guide URL (optional)
- Promo Video URL (optional)