To ease account administration for large organizations, the AppGallery client implements Scan to Login, which permits an unlimited number of users to access a specific group of apps (a Collection) from a single login that's activated using the barcode scanner or camera of a Zebra device. For the AppGallery user or user-administrator, this guide explains how to log in with a Zebra device with the keyboard and by scanning an image. To learn how to create a scannable login image, please refer to the Scan to Login - Admin Guide.
After using the Scan-to-Login feature, a device is permanently associated with the Collection(s) attached to the scanned barcode, and all users with access to that device also will have access to those Collection(s). To disassociate a device from a Collection, AppGallery must be removed from the device and reinstalled.
To log in using the keyboard, skip to Step 2:
1. Locate the scanner image (.pdf) printout provided by your AppGallery administrator.
2. Launch the AppGallery Mobile app on the device. A login screen similar to the image below appears:
3. Type in the user name and password (the keyboard will appear when tapping into a text field).
4. Tap the "Sign in" button.
- or -
4. Press and hold the scan trigger or button and aim the device at the "Scan to login barcode" (printout provided by an IT administrator). AppGallery will activate the device scanner (if available) or display the camera image with a reticle like the one shown below. Login will be automatic when the barcode is recognized.
Scan to Login is complete.
- Device must be equipped with a scanner or camera (see supported devices)
- DataWedge must be enabled on the device (see DataWedge documentation)
- After using the Scan-to-Login feature, a device is permanently associated with the Collection(s) attached to the scanned barcode, and all users with access to that device also will have access to those Collection(s).
- To disassociate a device from a Collection after using Scan-to-Login, remove and reinstall AppGallery.