nlbl example with variables and set number of copies.

Tags: 

Hi where i can find an example of how to print a nlbl file with variables, amde with zebra designer.
I need to print some labels with variables, serial num, token and QR code, and set quantity of copies.

Demos on SDK don´t have variables and no number of copies.
Also do i need first to store this files on printer with send files.... and later print, or i can just send files and print right away?

Steven Si
The *.nlbl file is not

The *.nlbl file is not printable, because it's a data file for ZebraDesigner. There is a recorded webinar on how to use ZebraDesigner to create ZPL or XML template files - ZebraDesigner v3 for Developers - A Comprehensive Label Design Tool. Though the *.nlbl is not printable, the output template files from *.nlbl are printable. You can use the SDK API to send the template files (a.k.a. Stored Format) to the printer and invoke the template files later by sending the Recall Format.

If you want to print multiple copies of a label, you can add ^PQ command right before the ^XZ in the template file, or you can send the Recall Format multiple times. Hope this helps.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Abraham Rangel
Thanks Steven.

Thanks Steven.
I´ve downloaded printer setup app from app store (iOS) and found that printer(ZD620) language it´s EPL and ZPL
I´ve saw Zebra DEVTALK video.
In your video appear a "Store to printer" option in Zebra designer for Developers app, but in version 3.4 i have does not appear this option, so i don´t know how to export to zpl files.

1- Then i store *.nlbl file on printer with my app
[fileUtil sendFileContents:filePath error:&error];
no errors appear.

and try to print stored format
[[printer getFormatUtil] printStoredFormat:@"label_1.nlbl"
withDictionary:qrData
error:&printError];
And don´t print nothing.

Then how i could store *.nlbl or export to zpl file and store it on printer?
I really want to store files from our app and don´t depend to final user to use another app to store files on printer.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Steven Si
In the video, we used

In the video, we used ZebraDesigner 3 for Developers edition. There are two other editions: ZebraDesigner 3 for Essentials edition and ZebraDesginer 3 for Professional edition. In your case, it's recommended to use ZebraDesigner for Developers edition, as it has more options for template exporting. The other two edditions are for end users, and not recommended for developers.

On ZebraDesigner 3 for Developers edition, go to File -> Store. Make sure to select "Local disk" option, so that the template will be exported to a local file on your computer. For details, check out the user's manual of ZebraDesigner.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Topic locked