Zebra Designer 3 for Developers only shows generic printer options

Hi, I just installed Zebra Designer 3 for Developers, and when I try to create a new label or receipt, the only options I have for printer selection are "ZDesigner for Developers - Generic Printer 200dpi", "ZDesigner for Developers - Generic Printer 300dpi", and "ZDesigner for Developers - Generic Printer 600dpi". In Zebra Designer 3 Essentials, I can see all of the printers I have drivers installed for. Is this expected behavior?

Steven Si
Besides the Generic Printers,

Besides the Generic Printers, Zebra Designer 3 for Developers should pick up the printers that are installed on the same Windows computer. However, the drivers associated with the printers have to be v8.x.x.x. If Zebra Designer 3 for Developers doesn't pick up the installed printers, I am afraid that the driver is probably v5.x.x.x.

There are two versions of the printer drivers, v5.x.x.x and v8.x.x.x. Unlike Zebra Designer 3 Essentials or Professional, Zebra Designer 3 for Developers only supports the driver v8.x.x.x.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Paul Thompson
Thanks Steven. I was able to

Thanks Steven. I was able to get the v8 drivers for my iMZ320 installed and now it’s working. Curiously, even though there aren’t v8 drivers for my RW420, it does seem to function with different drivers in place.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Topic locked