Does Zebra have an equivalent of Star's webPRNT?

So, my vague understanding of how star's webPRNT works is that it has an app on the iphone that pops up a local server on the device, which you can then send data to from any webapp on the device using javascript. This allows an embeded javascript app to print to a star thermal printer that's connected to the iphone. Does Zebra have anything equivalent? I need to communicate to zebra printers from my javascript app which will be embeded in another ios app, and I won't have direct access to connected bluetooth or wifi devices through that ios app which I'm embedding my code into.

Steven Si
Looks like a cloud based

Looks like a cloud based printing solution is a choice for your JavaScript + iOS app. Check out this article - Use the SendFileToPrinter API for Your Cloud-Based Printing Needs. The SendFileToPrinter API is a purely HTTPS request and works with any Zebra Link-OS printers. All Link-OS printers offer Wi-Fi or wired connectivity. So the printers are connected to Zebra Savanna Cloud Platform from anywhere. Your JavaScript app on iOS composes the label or receipt ZPL file and send the file to the cloud, which forwards the file to the printer to print. Hope this helps.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Paul Thompson
Thanks Steven, I'll look into

Thanks Steven, I'll look into that. For my use case I'm anticipating that the printer and ios device may not always have internet access, so the cloud approach might not work for all cases.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’