The front camera is currently not working on the DV units. That should not prevent you from using the rearfacing camera even after a crash. To change it back from within RhoE:
imager.enabled = ‘cam0’;
imager.enabled = ‘cam1’;
Also look at the imager.enumerate() method and imagerEnumEvent event where you can go through and see what cameras are available.
One other thing is to be careful on the loction and size your are setting for the viewfinder.
Now that you mention it... I remember now that the user facing camera is not ready on the dv units. Ill try you suggestion and let you know.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Inside RhoElements, the camera was black. So the RhoElements code you suggested works fine within RhoElements. The code was actually in the Features Demo. I had to "hide camera" first because I think it was still 'enabled' (and showing black). Once hidden (thus executing the code "imager.disable()" ), I clicked the "show camera" to get the "imager.enabled = 'cam0':" code to fire off. It worked fine after that. Fixed in RhoElements.
But outside RhoElements, running the Camera app continued to fail. I needed a way to reset the configuration for the Camera. Then I realized there was a way... I went into the Applications manager, listed ALL, and found the Camera app. I cleared all data and configurations. Voila...it reset the Camera to the out side facing one. The camera app works fine now. DataWedge works fine, RhoElements works fine. No doubt some of our beta testers will make the same mistake as I did.
This might come in handy, when others using the DV unit inadvertently sets the user facing camera in the camera app. Easy fix. Lesson learned!
Thanks for sharing the details. This should come in handy.
Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless