RhoElements support for wired network adapters

Does/will RhoElements support wired adapter connection status just like "Signal" is for the wireless connection status?  If I turn the wireless adapter "OFF", and I have a wired ethernet cradle will things still work?  Is this the reasoning behind the current "Network" module, and would it be possible to slightly morph or branch the module to give such wired adapter values?

John Heywood
Hi Timothy,Yes, the

Hi Timothy,

Yes, the RhoElements Network module will indicate wired, or wireless network connection status.  As long as the device has a network connection to the server address/port given in your JavaScript (and any proxy is configured in the config file if required) your networkEvent function will be called at the interval you have specified indicating "Connected".  If there's no route to your server port it will indicate "Disconnected".

You can use the Signal module to retrieve the Wi-Fi signal strength, but this doesn’t guarantee the device has a connection to your server.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

James Morley-Smith
TimothyThere is no indicator

Timothy

There is no indicator to show connected of not, sorry.  My suggestion would be to create an HTML indicator and make use of the Netowrk module as described by .

James.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’