3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2012 10:31 AM by Jeffrey Kukkola

RhoElements device support roadmap?

Eric Pearson

We have a large need for RhoElements to support the MC9090 and MC3090 with RFID for existing install base.  Is support for these devices in the pipeline?

• Re: RhoElements device support roadmap?
          Robert Galvin

Eric,

Please work through your account team for this request and ask them to open a CPR.  Since the MC9090 and MC3090 are based on an "older" platform, they are not likely to end up in the pipeline unless there is enough demand for it. That does not mean that they will not work. It is a matter of enabling support and going through some test cycles to ensure things are working smoothly.

• Re: RhoElements device support roadmap?
            Jeffrey Kukkola

Just as a FYI I have been testing the 1.03 version on different devices.

MC9090 WM 6.1 - runs but complains on startup that it is running on an unapproved device

MC9090 WM 5.0 -  runs but complains on startup that it is running on an unapproved device

MC75 WM 6.5.3 (upgraded)  runs but complains on startup that it is running on an unapproved device (looking for MC75A?) - can take picture through imager in the Damage Report app.

MC9090 CE 5.0 -  this one may scare some product managers... - runs but complains on startup that it is running on an unapproved device (i had to install from a SD card - lack of memory for CAB and install process). Tap opens "accordian menu" in the Damage Report app and scans.(laser so no image picture test)

MC9190 WM 6.5 with long range imager - loads and works but the Damage Report app can't take a picture through the long range imager (haven't dug into it yet to see why)

I have ran the Damage Report example on all these devices. I am guessing that it is memory and CPU constraints that you would have to be aware of. I have not done extensive testing yet with an app that can store locally, etc.

Caution - your results may very, but so far no bytes have been harmed in this testing...

Message was edited by: Jeffrey Kukkola