5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2013 6:07 AM by Pietro Francesco Maggi

Default buttons

Why are the button tags so small in RhoElements? Is there an easy way to get them back to how they looked in Pocket Browser?

• Re: Default buttons
          Darryn Campbell

Do you mean the debug buttons?  Or HTML buttons?  I'm guessing the latter and if so you can adjust the appearance using CSS

I'm curious about the same thing, how do we make RhoElements a good industrial browser for applications where the customer is just hitting websites that they can't control the code on?? The default back, forward, refresh, etc. buttons are too small and ugly (for lack of a better term) to be considered a usable browser.

Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Robert,

you can use the same approach we used on the MC2180, where the Basic Browser is implemented using RhoElements with an SVG document to create the navigation interface.

Take a look at MC2100 user guide to see how the interface look likes.

I see the navigation toolbar included in RhoElements just a debug/developer thing and not intended to be used with the end-user.

~Pietro

Thanks Pietro,

I'm not a developer but I often have customers that need a better browser than Pocket I.E. (for various reasons) so it would be great to have access to a configuration or implementation method that included the SVG (and hopefully a guide on how to modify it) or some other Navbar included. Is that available anywhere?

Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Robert,

I don't have around an MC2180 but, if you reach out to the PM of the MC21x0 (Larry Chambers) or to someone in the NA SW TA organization (reporting to Kevin Lollock) they can help you on this.

Practically on the MC2180 the RhoElements Basic Browser is a .lnk file that launch the RhoElements Browser with a specialized Config.xml file that use the SVG document as the interface of this "industrial browser". Someone knowing how to handle SVG can make the interface as you (or the customer :-) like.

Ciao

Pietro